Water and Power Law Group attorneys, in addition to work on regulatory compliance matters and litigation impacting water and fishery resources, have also been involved in negotiating and drafting contracts relating to such resources. This transactional water law experience includes:
- Advising clients on rights and obligations under water delivery contracts with the California Department of Water Resources and the United States Bureau of Reclamation;
- Advising clients on terms of water supply agreements for recycled/non-potable water for such uses as cemetery and golf course irrigation;
- Negotiating water infrastructure easements and reserved water right agreements for private land trusts;
- Advising clients on rights to water pursuant to contracts with conjunctive use groundwater banks; and
- Advising clients on terms of voluntary diversion reduction agreements to allow additional water to remain instream for fishery restoration and water quality purposes.