Water and Power Law Group litigates in federal and state courts and before regulatory agencies such as the California State Water Resources Control Board and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
We specialize in cases to invigorate and focus regulatory programs that are not achieving their stated purposes. In such cases, we seek remedies that will have the practical effect of restoring affected resources while also improving an agency’s capacity and willingness to administer its program effectively.
We have substantial expertise in the following laws, implementing rules, and case law:
- Clean Water Act,
- Endangered Species Act,
- Federal Power Act,
- National Environmental Policy Act,
- California Environmental Quality Act,
- California SB 610 and SB 221 water and supply laws,
- Public trust doctrine,
- Public Utilities Codes, and
- Water rights administration.